A R Rahman 's mother Kareema Begum passes away, film industry conveys condolences
By Rajesh Ahuja
Music Maestro A R Rahman's mother Kareema Begum passed away earlier today in Chennai .
Rahman shared a photograph of his mother on his Twitter profile without a caption.
Members of the film industry offerdd their condolences to Rahman on death of his mother.
Among those who expressed grief on the death of Rahman's mother were
Director Mohan Raja, producer Dr Dhananjayan, singer Shankar Mahadevsn, filmmaker Shekhar Kapur, playback singer Shreya Ghoshal and singer Harshdeep Kaur .
Expressing her condolences, Shreya Ghoshal said, 'Deeply saddened by this news Rahman sir. She was one of the most gentle affectionate person I have met. Praying for her departed soul.'
'My condolences to you and your family. Rest in peace Amma,'music composer Harris Jayaraj said.
Filmmaker Boney Kapoor also condoled the death of Rahman's mother.
'Heartfelt condolences @arrahman
on passing away of his mother.May her soul rest in peace. Her blessings will always continue to inspire you. #MaTujheSalaam,'Boney Kapoor said.
'We all know how much she has sacrificed in her life for you @arrahman
.A big loss .. take care brother . May Amma’s soul rest in peace .I still remember how she prayed for me when I had a bad voice during our tour,'Shankar Mahadevan said.
'Dear Sir... deeply saddened by your loss... may god give you strength. Remembering Amma's wonderful and gentle soul. She will forever remain in our hearts," tweeted Harshdeep Kaur.
Filmmaker Shekhar Kapur also paid his condolences to Rahman.
: "Your heart is broken, I know. But your mother left you with an inner strength, an inner resilience and belief... that I have seen and admired for long. Stay strong, my friend,'he said.


Comments
Post a Comment