Would love to do a horror movie: Chinmayee  Salvi


By Rajesh Ahuja

She has grabbed eyeballs for her portrayal of Sakhi Wagle in the television show Wagle Ki Duniya, which is being currently aired on Sab TV.

Chinmayee Salvi,  who has won a lot of love from viewers for her portrayal of mischievous as well as a well-behaved daughter and a loving and caring elder sister Sakhi Wagle in Wagle Ki Duniya,  is a great fan of horror movies and shows.

In a freewheeling chat, Chinmayee Salvi said that she has been a fan of horror movies since childhood. .

She said that if given a chance,  she would love to do a horror movie or a horror show.

'As a child and even now, horror is one genre that has always caught my eye while watching movies. It has been a while since I have had an opportunity to sit down and enjoy a good horror movie. However, I remember watching 'Exorcism of Emily Rose’ which gave me chills down the spine. The fact that it is based on a real-life story made the movie more intriguing.  It is my all-time favourite film in this genre.,'she said.

Asked about her favourite character from a horror movie, Chinmayee Salvi said, 'My favourite character from a horror movie would have to be Bill Skarsgard. His performance in the movie ‘IT’ was simply brilliant. I continue to enjoy watching horror and thriller movies whenever I get the opportunity to do so.”

Talking about her love for horror movies, Chinmayee said “I vaguely remember the time I was watching the movie ‘Conjuring’ in a movie theatre; I was engrossed in the scene and in all that excitement, I somehow dropped my cell phone on a women's lap, sitting next to me. In an instant, she got startled and was scared to death. It was not deliberate, but a very scary moment for both of us. Besides that, being a trained Kathak dancer, I learnt Navras Byas in detail. My friends and I used to always convince our Kathak guru to end Bhayanak Rasa with a twist of horror.”

 Asked whether she is open to working a a film or show in the horror genre  Chinmayee said “If I ever do get a chance to work and explore such a project, why not? I will be more than happy to take it up.”

Chinmayee Salvi of Wagle Ki Duniya is a great fan of horror movies 






Chinmayee Salvi has earlier worked in a Marathi television series Navri Mile Navryala.

A comedy show based on characters created by noted cartoonist, R. K. Laxman, Wagle Ki Duniya deals with the issues faced by middle-class in India.

It stars Sumeet Raghavan,Pariva Pranati , Anjan Srivastav , Bharati Achrekar and Chinmayee Salvi in key roles.

 The show has won several plaudits for its relatable storyline and relatable characters played by some of the most loved artists..


Comments

Popular posts from this blog