There were days when I felt felt like giving up: Parineeti on getting into the skin of Saina Nehwal 


By Rajesh Ahuja

Seeing her play the character of Badminton medallist Saina Nehwal in the trailer of the film Saina may come across an effortless exercise but in reality getting into the skin of the champion player was a herculean task for Parineeti Chopra.

In a short behind the scenes video on her journey to become Saina in the film, Parineeti said that getting into the skin of the Badminton medallist was tough.

'Playing badminton in the film was the secondary thing. I first had to get into the mind and the physicality of being an athlete. So I went through a lot of training for agility, strength, performance and speed. So, by the time it came to learning the game, I was already exhausted.

Badminton is one of the most rapid sports in the world. So, you need some serious skills to play an Olympian. This is what I learnt on first day of shoot itself. There have been days that I have cried on the court. There have been days when I felt I could not do the film, 'Parineeti Chopra said.

However, each time she felt like giving up, Parineeti would imagine flashes of thousands of people watching the film which would make her gather herself.

'Each time I felt like giving up, I would imagine flashes of thousands of people watching the film which would make me get up,'Parineeti Chopra said.

Sharing the BTS video, Parineeti Chopra said, How I became #SAINA
 Shot in London, Mumbai and Thane. Thank you Eshan, Vad sir and the entire badminton community for teaching me. I dedicate this film to you
http://bit.ly/GameSetSaina @NSaina#AmoleGupte #ManavKaul
@eshannaqvi#BhushanKumar.'






Getting into the skin of badminton champion Saina Nehwal was tough for Parineeti Chopra 



Written and directed by Amole Gupte, Saina has been produced by Bhushan Kumar, Krishan Kumar, Sujay Jairaj and Rashesh Shah under the banner of T-Series and Front Foot Pictures.

It also features Manav Kaul in a key role.

Saina has music by Amaal Malik and lyrics by Kunaal Vermaa. The film has been edited by Deepa Bhatia.

The makers of the film had earlier this month released the first look of the film and announced the release date of the film at March 26.

https://raju0568.blogspot.com/2021/03/mumbai-saga-sandeep-aur-pinky-faraar.html


Saina releases in cinemas on March 26



Parineeti Chopra was last seen in the film The Girl on the Train, which is streaming on Netflix.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog