Playing a layered character like Bala is a challenge that I love to face daily: Mayur Lad


By Rajesh Ahuja

He has established a niche for himself as an actor in Hindi and Marathi films, having essayed a wide variety of roles over the years.

For actor Mayur Lad , who is currently grabbing eyeballs as Bala in &TV’s popular show Ek Mahanayak Dr B R Ambedkar,  playing the role has been a watershed moment in his career.

In a chat, the actor said that playing Bala in Ek Mahanayak Dr B R Ambedkar has been a learning experience for him.




Actor Mayur Lad says that playing Bala has been a learning experience for him 


Talking about his character in the show,  Mayur Lad said, ''I essay Bala Ram, the elder brother of Dr B R Ambedkar. Bala’s character is one with a shade of grey. He has a kind heart, but his ways and means are wrong. '

On his experience of playing the character, the actor said, 'playing that layered character is a challenge I love to face daily.  I had to do a lot of homework to prepare for the role. One had to study the character in depth and its personality traits and journey in the show. That helped me a lot to understand his character’s nuances and work accordingly. '

Mayur Lad said that bagging Bala’s character was for him a case of 'being at the right place at the right time with the right opportunity'.

'Jagannath Nivangune Ji, who plays Bhimrao's father, Ramji, in the show, introduced me to the makers of Ek Mahanayak – Dr B.R. Ambedkar. I have known him for many years, and we have worked on several assignments together. I am grateful to him to have guided me to this wonderful opportunity.

One night, he told me that the makers were looking for an actor to essay Bala’s character and that I must audition. Immediately, I sent my audition video, and the next day I received a call from the production team. Rest, as they say, is history. Bala’s character is quite popular with the audience. So, I can say I ended up being at the right place at the right time with the right opportunity. It has been quite a learning experience,'he said.

 Though the actor has been fascinated by acting since his school days, becoming an actor had always been like a dream he had to go through a lot of struggle to realize his dream of becoming an actor.


'Acting has always fascinated me. I used to actively participate in school plays. However, coming from a middle-class family with no connections in the entertainment industry, I had never imagined getting a breakthrough. It was always a dream to see myself on screen someday. I came from a humble background and used to sell firecrackers during my college days.

After graduation, I began selling SIM cards door-to-door in the suburbs. I was planning to do human resources management. I applied for an MBA alongside working as a bartender in 5 star property for a year. But that also fell through as my grandfather's health deteriorated. I was very close to him, and I remember him telling me one day in the hospital, "Why don't you pursue your dream? You are a fantastic actor, and acting is your calling.” His words inspired me to give acting a shot, and I began auditioning. I eventually landed with a reality show. And that is how it all began. And now, when I look back, I am glad I took a leap of faith,'he said.

Talking about his long struggle to establish a niche for himself as an actor, he said,'I had to undergo several auditions to get a breakthrough. After my first break in a reality show, a window of opportunities opened for me in various Hindi and Marathi serials, cinemas, and ad films. And then there was no looking back. Everything fell into place. However, I had a setback soon enough. In 2003, my mom passed away, and I took over most of the family responsibilities. It required a stable source of income to sustain myself and my family. So, I started pursuing a full-time corporate job.

But as luck would have it, I started getting offers in top-rated Marathi shows, and then there was no looking back. It has been ten years since I began acting, and I have come a long way. It has been a rollercoaster ride. Thankfully I never had a dearth of work and got opportunities to prove my mettle. One aspect that always worked in my favour was the attitude that no role is big or small or waiting for a big break. Just keep doing your work with all honesty and faith, and the right opportunity will knock on your door when the time is right. What matters most is your dedication, hard work, and commitment. Recognition follows.'

Mayur Lad said that for him working in  Ek Mahanayak Dr B R Ambedkar is like being among the members of his family.

'Everyone on the set is like family to me. Be it our director, all my co-actors and the entire crew. Even though I am one of the last entrants in the show, the warmth and support have been very encouraging. As I mentioned before, I have known Jagannath Nivangune Ji for over a decade, and he has always supported me greatly. He has been a friend, mentor and guide. His advice and suggestions have greatly helped me, and I look up to him,'he said.

.Ek Mahanayak- Dr B.R. Ambedkar is being telecast on & TV at 8:30 pm,  every Monday to Friday .


Also Read 


Drishyam2 continues to rock the box office, heads for an opening weekend of Rs 50 cr


https://raju0568.blogspot.com/2022/11/2-continues-to-rock-box-office-heads.html


Marathi film Kulswamini, a devotional ode to Devi Mahalaxmi of Kolhapur, released in theatres Nov 11




Drishyam2 takes a rocking start at the box office in India,  set for an opening of Rs 15 cr 




Will Ali return the Talisman to SimSim in Sony SAB's Alibaba Dastaan-e-Kabul 





Uunchai earns Rs 15.5 cr in first six days, remains steady on week days 



A hero is only as big as the villain he conquers: Gul Khan about the new season of Aashiqana on Disney Hotstar 




Uunchai earns Rs 5 cr in two days,  shows tremendous growth on second day 



Five iconic moments from the Special Ops universe that relive making of Himmat Singh on Disney Hotstar 




Karishma Singh to join Chingari Gang in Sony SAB’s Maddam Sir 




Season 2 of Breathe into the Shadows premiered on Amazon Prime Video 




Unusual love story between a Soldier and a Princess Sita Ramam releases on Disney Hotstar on November 18




Madhur Bhandarkar launches teaser of India Lockdown 




Sony SAB’s Wagle Ki Duniya achieves milestone of 500 episodes 




Kaveri Priyam to play the lead Amrita in Sony SAB's new show Dil Diyaan Gallaan 





Phone Bhoot earns Rs 7.10 cr in opening weekend 

































Comments

Popular posts from this blog