I have struggled hard to reach where I am today; Rajkummar Rao


By Rajesh Ahuja

He may be a much sought after actor in Bollywood after pathbreaking performances in films like Shahid, Newton and Bareilly Ki Barfi but Rajkummar Rao has had to struggle hard to reach this position.

Talking about his struggles,  Rajkummar Rao,  who appeared on an episode of the game show Kaun Banega Crorepati on Sony entertainment television, narrated that he always dreamed of being a part of the film world. 


Rajkummar Rao said he has had to struggle hard to reach this position 






'I have been born and brought up in Gurgaon. During my childhood itself I had decided I wanted to be an actor and would go to Mumbai to try my luck as actor.
I was desparate to become a part of the film world and have struggled really hard to get where I am now.,'Rajkummar Rao told Mr Bachchan.

Rao revealed that  as a teenager he came to Mumbai for auditions of dance reality show Boogie Woogie with his brother. 

'As a child,  my family encouraged me to pursue my dreams.  However,  our financial condition was not such that could visit Mumbai for a vacation.  Then, one day I heard about the audition for Boogie woogie in Mumbai. My mother gave me Rs 5000 for my travel and stay in Mumbai.  At Mumbai, I and my brother slept for two days at the railway station,'he said. 

The actor told Mr Bachchan that during their first visit to Mumbai,  they stood for hours outside Jalsa and Mannat , hoping to get just a single glimpse of Mr Bachchan and Shahrukh Khan.

' Though we did not clear Boogie Woogie auditions, we visited Jalsa and Mannat and stood outside these houses for hours to get  a glimpse of Mr Amitabh  and Mr Shahrukh Khan,'the actor said.

Describing Mr Amitabh Bachchan as an inspiration,  Rajkummar Rao said he and Shahrukh Khan have been a big inspiration for him to become an actor.

In this context,  he narrated an incident wherein he wept profusely after Amitabh Bachchan's Character died in Agneepath.

'I have been a filmy child since childhood. I was very small when I watched Agneepath in which Mr Bachchan dies in the end.. After watching the film I went to my room and began weeping profusely after hiding my face behind a pillow.

I thought Amitabh Bachchan had died. I was complaining to God how can Amitabh Bachchan die. I was literally howling. I was pacified only after my mother told me that it is not Amitabh Bachchan but the character played by him who has died.

'You have been a big contribution to my become an actor. It is after watching your films that I was inspired to be an actor,'the actor told Mr Bachchan.

The actor appeared on KBC with Bollywood actress Kriti Sanon to promote his latest film Hum do Hamare do,  a quirky comedy about a young couple keen to adopt parents.

Hum do humaare do is streaming on Disney Hotstar.

Rajkummar Rao was recently seen in Anubhav Sinha's Ludo and the horror comedy Roohi.

Also Read 


Audio shows featuring Amitabh Bachchan, Supriya Pathak and others to scare this Halloween 



Sonakshi Sinha auctions her paintings to raise funds for Covid relief 


When Aashay Mishra scared his neighbors with a prank played by him on the occasion of Diwali 


https://raju0568.blogspot.com/2021/10/aashay-mishra-scared-his-neighbours.html


Dybbuk; this intriguing mystery lacks the chill factor 



Amitabh Bachchan’s fans get opportunity to get a piece of the megastar at NFT auction Nov 1



Diwali a great opportunity to spend quality time with your family; Mithil Jain 




Tadap trailer promises intense love story with adrenaline pumping action  



Forever New launches AW 2021 collection with Diana Penty as brand ambassador 


https://raju0568.blogspot.com/2021/10/forever-new-launches-aw-2021-collection.html


Sony SAB’s Tera Yaar Hoon Main completes 300 episodes 



Ram Gopal Varma releases title track of his upcoming film Dangerous

https://raju0568.blogspot.com/2021/10/gopal-varma-releases-title-track-of-his.html

Having Sonakshi feature in music video of Mil Mahiya is a dream come true; Raashi Sood 



Promotions for Fufadji gather pace, trailer to be released today 




Excited for the release of my debut web series Fallen; Sonakshi sinha 




Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai not just a show but my life; Shivangi Joshi gets nostalgic as she bids adieu to the show 


https://raju0568.blogspot.com/2021/10/yeh-rishta-kya-kehlata-hai-not-just.html


Supernatural horror films Aafat-E-Ishq & Dybbuk, crime thriller Girgit and quirky comedies Call My Agent Bollywood entertain on OTT this week 



Satyameva Jayate trailer ; story of ideological clash between brothers on launching a battle against corruption and injustice 



It is Rani Mukherjee and Saif Ali Khan vs Sidhant Chaturvedi and Sharvari in Bunty Aur Babli2; trailer promises con story with a twist 

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog