Lord Shiva is the constant motivator and a guide in my life: Tej Sapru


By Rajesh Ahuja

He has grabbed eyeballs as Prajapati Daksh in mythological show Baal Shiv, being telecast on &TV.

Veteran actor Tej Sapru,  who is seen on television after a long gap in the role of Prajapati Daksh,  the father of Devi Parvati,  in Baal Shiv,  says that he is happy to be a part of the show,  that tells the mythical story of the Baal Roop of Lord Shiva.



Tej Sapru,  who assays Prajapati Daksh in Baal Shiv,  says that Lord Shiva is a constant motivator in his life 


In a chat,  Tej Sapru said,'right from childhood, I have been a worshipper of Lord Shiva. Any role that makes me feel his presence will always be a role that interests me. I remember going to a Shiv temple in Jammu and observing fast on Mondays. Even today, my day starts and ends by saying the Shiv Kawach because the power I feel with it is unexplainable.

I believe Lord Shiva is the director of my life and connects me to the larger universe. I would do any role that helps portray Lord Shiva's life, even if it is against him on screen. Lord Shiva is the constant motivator and a guide in my life. So, I am not nervous because Lord Shiva is with me throughout my journey.'

Talking about his character, Tej Sapru said, 'Prajapati Daksh is a very powerful character, and this is not the first time I am portraying him on screen. I had done a movie years back in which I played the same role. The film is still played at the Maa Ambe temple for the devotees who want to understand the whole story behind Lord Shiva’s life, and it is one of the most blessed feelings for me. '

Tej Sapru said that what drew him towards the role of Prajapati Daksh was the fact that it is an extremely strong character.

'I am always inclined towards powerful characters, and when the production house, Zee Studios, reached out to me for Daksh’s character, I could not say no, and after doing a look test for them, I was finalized for the character,'he said.

The actor,  who has earlier done several mythological characters,  says getting to play such roles is a huge blessing.

'Mythology is one of the most difficult genres, especially heavy hair, makeup, dialogues, and jewellery. But they come in the form of huge blessings, and you never say no to such blessings,'he said.

Tej Sapru,  who has , in his nearly four decades long career  played characters belonging to diverse genres , says that as an actor he is constantly looking to do any interesting roles that come his aay.

'Other than mythology, the historical genre excites me the most. I have always been in awe of historical heroes. I graduated in history to understand my connection with the subject. In the journey of 42 years in the entertainment industry, I do not feel any genre has been left unexplored. However, as an actor, I keep myself open to trying every new thing that comes my way,'Tej Sapru said.

Over the years,  Tej Sapru has carved a niche for himself in films in villainous characters.

Recounting his experience of playing villainous characters,  the actor said, 'I come from the time when villains had their fan following. Interestingly, I have played son to the most iconic villains of the Bollywood industry, including the late Amrish Puri, Gulshan Grover and Pran. I loved playing the villainous characters, but it was not a choice.

Rather, my action sequences attracted the audiences and directors so much that I started getting offers to play the dashing villain who’s also amazing at doing an action. I have played so many villainous characters that naming one would be an injustice. However, my character of Teja in Mr India got me recognition. '

A unique feature of Tej Sapru's career is that he has worked in films of 13 different languages,  which is a unique achievement for an actor.

'I love challenges, so I did not restrict myself to certain industries. Instead, I went on exploring 13 different languages. Challenges did come, especially while saying the dialogues with the same conviction, but somehow, I learned those languages, and now it gives me a feeling of pride,'he said.

On his journey in the entertainment industry, Tej Sapru said, 'the journey has been a rollercoaster ride with many ups and downs. But I would say in these 40 years, there  never came the point when I felt I was out of work, for which again I would like to thank Lord Shiva and the people who have helped me become who I am today.'

Talking about his future projects,  Tej Sapru said, 'there are a few projects of movies and series I am shooting for and are in the pipeline to release. The roles are very different and will focus on various genres. I could not be more excited for all of you to see them.'

After dedicating more than 40 years to the Indian entertainment industry, Tej Sapru has been grabbing eyeballs in the role of Prajapati Daksh in &TV’s Baal Shiv. The character  brings high voltage drama to the track for the viewers. 


Also Read 


Blessed to be part of a show that resonates in present times; Additi Gupta 





Interesting twists in &TV shows this week 




First look poster of Pyar Mein Thoda Twist released, film releases on February 18




83 reaches Rs 100 cr mark in India 




Action Thrillers, horror films and coming of age dramas to entertain on Amazon Prime Video this week 




Bigg Boss Ultimate to premiere on Disney Hotstar on January 30




MX TakaTak partners with Nas Academy for the second edition of Creator Training Programme 




Emir Shah enters the cast of &TV's Ek Mahanayak Dr B R Ambedkar 




Antim The Final Truth to have its World Television Premiere on Zee Cinema on January 30



Ankit Bathla to play double role in Ghar Ek Mandir on & TV 




D2C brand Plum ropes in millennial sensation Mithila Palkar as brand ambassador 



Tata Sky is now Tata Play, partners with Netflix to offer Netflix combo packs along with TV channels 




MX player drops teaser of Raktanchal 2



Tera Yaar Hoon Main to bid adeau after glorious run of 350 episodes 




Collection of patriotic films across languages streaming on Disney Hotstar on Republic Day 




Wagle Ki Duniya; Rajesh Wagle suffers a heart attack 




I wanted the level of action in Star Wars; The Book of Boba Fett to live up to the promise ; Robert Rodriguez 



Sab Satrangi, story of an unconventional Great Indian Family, will premiere on Sab TV on February 7




TV actors lend support to fight against gender biases, express pride in having a daughter 


https://raju0568.blogspot.com/2022/01/tv-actors-lend-support-to-fight-against.html


Karan and Monami in danger in Ziddi Dil Maane Na 





Wearing that armor gave me a sense of power; Temuera Morrison 




Akhanda sets viewership record for Telugu movie on Disney Hotstar 



Shoot of An Action Hero kicks off in London 



Essaying character of Goddesses is rewarding as well as challenging; Shivya Pathania 





Deepika Padukone makes digital debut with Gehraiyaan; trailer promises engrossing tale of love, lies and betrayal 


























Comments

Popular posts from this blog